Webinar Date & Time: November 16 (2:00 to 3:00 EST)
In the fourth panel of the Board Performance Review series, board members and institutional investors will swap expectations and best practices for shareholder engagement, board composition, board refreshment and evaluation, and more. The November 16 event, jointly hosted by PwC’s Governance Insights Center, Nasdaq Corporate Solutions and Boardroom Resources, will use the results of PwC’s 2017 Annual Corporate Directors Survey as a guide for discussion:
- How are board members/investors approaching the shareholder engagement process? What do investors expect from board members when engaging on ESG issues? What can board members do to better prepare?
- As digital transformation and cyber attacks become more frequent and sophisticated, do today’s boards have the appropriate digital/IT expertise?
- Are boards progressing fast enough when it comes to board diversity? If not, what kind of investor actions should boards expect?
- How can boards improve upon their refreshment and evaluation process? Which practices should be avoided? How do investors/boards feel about term limits?
- Gabrielle Sulzberger, Board Member, Teva Pharmaceuticals and Brixmor Property Group; Former Chairman of the Board of Whole Foods
- Tracy Stewart, Senior Corporate Governance Analyst, Florida State Board of Administration (Florida SBA)
- Alan Guarino, Board Member, Chefs Warehouse
- Paula Loop (Moderator), Leader of PwC’s Governance Insights Center