Each year, the Society for Corporate Governance hosts its National Conference, which brings together corporate secretaries and governance professionals from across the nation for four days of thought leadership discussions, speakers, and events. The conference is scheduled to take place in San Francisco from June 28 to July 1. The video below gives a quick recap from last year’s event in regard to the accommodations, attendance, and session quality:
Several speakers for this event have already been announced including Michael Piwowar (SEC Commissioner), Bryan Stevenson (Founder & Executive Director, Equal Justice Initiative), Dr. Dambisa Moyo (Board Member with Barclays Bank, Barrick Gold, Chevron, and Seagate Technologies), and Andrew S. Fastow (Former CFO of Enron Corp. from 1998 to 2001). To view the current list of confirmed speakers and bios, click here.
Various keynote topics and breakout sessions have been scheduled for the National Conference. A few highlights:
- Board Composition in a Changing Environment
- ESG Reporting: What Matters?
- Records Management Compliance in the Digital Age: Think Before Your Write
- SEC and Legislative Update: Expectations in the Current Administration
- Whistleblowing: Are the Rules Changing?
- Shareholder Proposal Process: Engagement, Trends, and Thresholds
- How to Find Diverse Board Candidates: Resources for the Corporate Secretary
- Delaware Corporate Law Developments
- Modernizing Your Proxy Statement: The Medium and the Message
- Cybersecurity Basics for the Corporate Secretary
- Onboarding a First-Time Public Company Director
- Switching Sides: New Opportunities in Governance
- The White House, Twitter and Your Company
The full agenda and registration details can be viewed on the Society for Corporate Governance website. More information and speakers to come!