The Society for Corporate Governance is hosting its National Conference this year in Washington, D.C. from June 20-23, 2018. This year’s agenda includes plenary sessions on ESG, crisis management, corporate culture, SEC developments and more. As always, a variety of breakout topics will allow attendees to customize the conference experience to meet their educational and professional goals. The Society for Corporate Governance also has ‘tracks’ designed for private companies, small and mid-cap companies and large-cap companies.
Scheduled speakers include J.D. Vance, New York Times best-selling author of Hillbilly Elegy; Robert J. Jackson Jr., Commissioner, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; Eric Holder, Former Attorney General of the United States; Kate Andersen Brower, best-selling author of The Residence: Inside the Private World of The White House; and The Honorable Karen Valihura, Justice, Supreme Court of Delaware.
Various keynote topics and breakout sessions have been scheduled over the three-day event. A few highlights:
- The Board’s Role in Corporate Culture
- Financial Impact of ESG
- Pay Ratio Update
- Audit Committee Agendas for 2018
- Proxy Plumbing: Dissecting the P&G Proxy Fight
- Evolving Approaches to ESG Standards for Large Cap Companies
- Director Composition & Recruitment for Small & Mid-Cap Companies
- Compensation Pitfalls for Small & Mid-Cap Companies
- Shareholder Engagement for Small & Mid-Cap Companies
- Recent Trends in Private Company Governance
- Dealing with Different Owners/Stakeholders as a Private Company
- Private Company Director Recruitment/Selection
- Enhancing the Role of the Corporate Secretary/Governance Officer
The full agenda and registration details can be found on the Society for Corporate Governance website.